The building contract review program (BCRP) is designed to help builders take on new or larger, more complex projects via mentoring by a BCRP service provider.
AJ Grant is an authorised service provider nominated by icare.
Residential builders may be required to participate in the BCRP as a condition of obtaining eligibility with icare HBCF.
If you’ve already been assessed as eligible but you would like to change your eligibility profile, the BCRP may help you develop the skills and experience required to take on larger and more complex residential building projects.
The BCRP assists new entrants to the building industry, as well as existing small to medium builders without demonstrated experience for proposed projects.
If you require more information regarding the scheme please refer to the HBCF icare website
AJ Grant BCRP Services
– The correct name and licence number of the builder’s trading entity is shown on all documentation.
– The licence held by the builder’s trading entity covers all the work being contracted.
– The building contract terms do not create a commercial risk for the completion of the project because of unfair terms, provisions etc. (including contracts with developers and architect administered contracts)
– The project application for insurance is consistent with the service providers understanding of the project.
– The project’s construction schedule is appropriates for the type and complexity of the project.
– This will include testing your detailed budget completeness and realistic costs including an allowance for contingencies including cost erosion and wage assumptions.
– We will review and confirm the scheduled payments under the building contract directly relate to the progress of work carried out at each stage that a payment is scheduled.
– We will organise to attend at the project site
– Remote site assessments do not require site assessment. We will review sufficient information and make any necessary enquiries. The completion of a remote site assessment can include, for example, a review of project photographs or relevant documentation and phone enquiries with the builder.
At the time of each site visit or remote site assessment:
– review all scheduled progress payments invoiced to determine that progress claims were appropriate
– review all third-party certificates (including engineers’ inspections, mandatory PCA inspections, trade compliance certificates etc.) issued since the previous BCRP review
– review contract variations ensuring they are in writing and properly costed
– review progress in accordance with the project construction schedule and terms of contract and investigate reasons for any significant delays
– review the builder’s competence in site supervision for all works carried out since the previous report and any areas previously identified as a concern.
For each assessment prepare a report and include dated photographs, any concerns, and notes covering an observation of the following:
– general site presentation
– workflow of trades and materials
– competence of the trades and appropriateness of the materials being used
– report to the scheme agent any concerns over the builder’s competency to complete the project including concerns as to time delays, standard of work performed, any evidence of cash flow issues, and where payments have been made or sought other than as scheduled under the building contract.
Provide timely copies of all completed builder performance review reports to the builder and to the scheme agent.
– confirmation that all scheduled reviews have been completed
– details as to whether there are any unresolved issues of concern
– comment on the progression or development of the builder’s competency relating to specific areas that have been reviewed as part of the BCRP.
AJ Grant provide BCRP services at a rate of $132.00 / hour (GST inclusive) and will provide a quote for every project taking value and location into consideration.
- Remote Site inspection: $264.00 per remote site assessment
- Site inspection: $396.00 per site visit
- Travel charges, if applicable, for regional and country areas, will be charged at $198.00 / hour (GST inclusive)
Enquiries, please contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1300 254 726
Service standards to builders under the BCRP are listed on HBCF’s BCRP website.
At AJ Grant Group we understand the importance of each and every customer with the customer experience being at the core of what we do. Our goal is to provide a consistent and quality service every time and we believe communication is a crucial component of delivering this service.
In instances where things get off track, we treat customer dispute and complaints extremely seriously and the expectation of staff is that they commit to fair, effective and efficient complaint handling in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Company Values and Principles.
This is governed by our Complaint Handling Procedures.
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you can escalate the matter to Icare