St. Nicholas Early Education Centre
We had a great experience with AJ Grant, especially Daniel Hayman the Business Development Manager. Daniel was open to ideas and worked collaboratively with the management team to ensure that works did not interfere with the daily operations at the service as it becomes a bit tricky when having children on premises and work needs to be done. The AJ Grant team went above and beyond to complete our project and the final product looks amazing. We Love it!
In November 2019, AJ Grant Group were engaged to complete internal and external refurbishment works at St Nicholas Early Education, Raymond Terrace. The purpose of this project was to increase the number of licensed places from 90 students to 110 students.
The works occurred in stages for both internal refurbishment and external landscaping to enable operational continuity for St Nicholas Early Education.
AJ Grant’s activities were confined within the relevant work stage to limit the interaction between St Nicholas Early Education and AJ Grant’s activities while St Nicholas was to remain fully operational during the works.
The scope of the internal refurbishment works included:
- Isolation of construction works and services for the two stages.
- Building materials and tools were delivered on weekends and/or out of operational hours to minimise operational impact to St Nicholas.
- Minor demolition of existing walls, doors and relocation of existing services.
- New walls erected with existing floors, walls and ceilings to be patched and repaired, as required.
- A new intercom system was installed along with new sign-in/sign-out points installed throughout the center.
- Supply and installation of new doors, roller door, joinery, fixtures and fittings and door hardware including specialised guards to the half-height doors to prevent finger injuries in the future.
- A complex wash bay including silt trap was installed into the existing clean area to aid in the clean down of children returning from mud play areas.
- External demolition and reinstatement works were undertaken over the weekend to minimise operational impact to St Nicholas.
The scope of the external landscaping works included:
- Fencing upgrades, removal of dissecting fence between the new and old rooms and the installation of new palisade fencing.
- Installation of new and upgrade of existing outdoor play equipment with the emphasis on changing old sand pits into new mud play areas.
- New hardwood timber capping to all play pits with the addition of new dividing bridges and gardens to soften the outdoor landscape.
- Supply and installation of new soil, mulch and plants in accordance with the landscape design and specification.
The end result not only allowed additional licensed placements but also created a modernized, safe and generous space for the staff and children of St Nicholas Early Education to build the foundation of their learning journey.