Case Study - St John The Baptist
In October 2019, AJ Grant were engaged to complete the demolition and rebuild of existing amenities blocks as well as removal of existing trees.
The school remained in occupation and operation with the Staging of the sequences to the Works.
The scope of works included, but was not limited to:
- The Works covered consists of the stripping out and removal of the existing Toilet Block adjacent Block E and its complete removal ready for its replacement all in accordance with the Architectural and Engineering Drawings.
- In undertaking the Works, AJ Grant ensured that the School had uninterrupted access to all the surrounding Classrooms other than the Toilet Block being demolished.
- No temporary toilets were required during the Project as the School utilised individual Student Toilets in the existing Block H and Block I.
- In addition to the Works being undertaken by the Complying Development Approval a Separable Portion is for the removal of identified Tree 1 and Tree 2 adjacent the Builders Site entry in Lee Street. This was undertaken as Exempt Development after assessment by an Arborist.
- The building being refurbished is on a Primary School and attention will be required for the cooperation with the School.