SAFETY ALERT – WESTERN AUSTRALIA BUSH FIRES
There are a few major bushfires that are currently burning over WA.
Please be advised and follow your local radio, TV, Social Media.
If you need help call 000 or the DFES on 13 33 37
A bushfire ADVICE is in place for people in the area bounded by South, Mungallup and Best Roads to the north, Collie-Preston and Grimwade Roads to the east, Noggerup Road to the south, and Lowden-Grimwade, Morrissey and Ferguson Roads to the west in parts of GLEN MERVYN, LOWDEN, LYALLS MILL, MUMBALLUP, NOGGERUP, QUEENWOOD, WELLINGTON FOREST, WELLINGTON MILL, YABBERUP in the SHIRES of DONNYBROOK-BALINGUP, COLLIE and DARDANUP. A bushfire ADVICE is in place for people in the vicinity of the northern parts of Kennedy Range National Park in the SHIRE OF UPPER GASCOYNE.
The Advice is:
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as it is now contained and controlled.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation gets worse. You can make a plan by visiting My Bushfire Plan.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222
Please Stay Safe